We are proud to be
Northumberland Tourism Ambassadors!
The parish of Amble was formed from the parish of Warkworth in the 1860s. St
Cuthbert's Church was built in 1870, a Catholic church was built in 1879 at
Radcliffe, and later in the 1890s both Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels
could also be found in Amble. The Wesleyan chapel on High Street no longer
exists but St Cuthbert’s and the Methodist chapel do, along with a number of
other places of worship.
St Cuthbert’s Parish Church, Church Street Amble (C of E)
Built in 1870 by Carse of Amble, the church was dedicated to St Cuthbert the
Bishop of Lindisfarne who died in 677AD. See their website here.
Sacred Heart Church and St Cuthbert’s
RC Church, High Street Amble.
Part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and
Newcastle and the Deanery of St Paulinus. It is a
modest building situated on the site of the only
medieval remains of old Amble and a part of the
wall of a Monastic Manor House can be seen in the
side garden. See their website here.
Trinity Methodist Church,
Percy Street Amble.
This building was originally called the Primitive
Methodist Chapel and has changed very little from
the way it looked in 1902 when it was built.
St Mark’s United Reformed Church
Wellwood Street Amble
This church is a member of the Northern Synod
congregation. Originally a Congregational Church,
however the Congregational and Presbyterian
Churches combined in 1972 to become United
Together with the churches of St John the Divine at Chevington, Christ Church at North Broomhill and Coquet
Community Church, the Amble churches have grouped together to form Coquet Churches Together (CCT) and
regularly organise joint events and share services together.