Churches in AmbleThe parish of Amble was formed from the parish of Warkworth in the 1860s. St Cuthbert's Church was built in 1870, a Catholic church was built in 1879 at Radcliffe, and later in the 1890s both Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels could also be found in Amble. The Wesleyan chapel on High Street no longer exists but St Cuthbert’s and the Methodist chapel do, along with a number of other places of worship.
St Cuthbert’s Parish Church Church Street Amble (Church of England)
Built in 1870 by Carse of Amble, the church was dedicated to St Cuthbert the Bishop of Lindisfarne who died in 677AD.
Sacred Heart Church and St Cuthbert’s RC Church High Street Amble.
Part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and the Deanery of St Paulinus. It is a modest building situated on the site of the only medieval remains of old Amble and a part of the wall of a Monastic Manor House can be seen in the side garden.
Trinity Methodist Church Percy Street Amble.
This was originally called the Primitive Methodist Chapel and has changed very little from the way it looked in 1900.
St Mark’s United Reformed Church Wellwood Street Amble
This church is a member of the Northern Synod congregation. Originally a Congregational Church, however the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches combined in 1972 to become United Reformed Church.
Together with the churches of St John the Divine at Chevington, Christ Church at North Broomhill and Coquet Community Church, the Amble churches have grouped together to form Coquet Churches Together (CCT) and regularly organise joint events and share services together.